We love the spray foam you did for our home. Added 900 square ft, you put 6" foam in our roof 3 years ago over the upstairs addition. Our energy bills didn't go up a penny- just shows how much heat we were losing in the winter and letting in the attic in the summer. Great investment!
- Ernie, Jackson TN
I have seen the Spray Foam system before, but only in the home improvement shows on TV. I was introduced to Apex by my contractor, and was convinced to try it. Couldn't be happier! Great return on investment.
- Mike, Nashville TN
I was in my house built in 1948 for 3 winters, each year I would add more fiberglass insulation to the floors in my crawl space. My home was never warm until I tried spray foam. Not only is the house warmer, but it has saved me money on the energy bill.
- Michael, Nashville TN
Apex Building Company provided whole house residential spray foam insulation for my new home. They did an excellent professional job. I would recommend them for any insulation job of any size!
- George, Jackson TN
I hired this company to spray insulation into my newly built steel construction home. They came in and did a very professional job enclosing the entire shell with open cell foam, sealing every conceivable leak. I have been very please with the results and ascribe my low utility bills to it!
- Pete, Memphis TN
Apex was very professional and knew about the product they were selling. I talked to several spray foam contractors and none of them were as knowledgeable as Michael at Apex. They cleaned up well and made sure things were done to suit me. I Highly Recommend them for anything spray foam or insulation!
- Jarrin, Memphis TN
Things to Ask Your Builder About Insulation
Choosing the correct insulation will effect the comfort of your home or business. It will also be a reminder every month you get your utility bill. You should make sure you've got the right product for your home by asking your home builder important questions.
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR BUILDER:
- How well does the insulation control air leakage that can account for up to 50% of a home's energy loss?
- Can the insulation create an air barrier without the use of extra finishing materials (tape, gaskets, plastic wrap) and labor?
- How quickly will the insulation pay for itself? Could the monthly savings outweigh the monthly cost of financing?
- How does the insulation compare in reducing air leakage in hard-to-insulate areas, such as basement rim joists, cathedral ceilings, crawlspaces, and garages, without extra materials?
- Can the insulation help reduce the required size and cost of your furnace or air conditioning unit?
- Will the insulation improve the air quality in your home by minimizing air infiltration to help keep out allergens, dust and other outdoor pollutants?
- Can the insulation shift with the home as it settles and lose its R-value?
- What happens if the insulation gets wet? (How well will the insulation dry out, e.g. after a roof leak? Will it keep its insulating properties through the wetting and drying process? Is it a food source for mold?)
- Does the insulation contribute to a "greener" home? (Total reduction in energy consumption, overall use of other building materials, indoor air quality?)
- Can the insulation help make your home quieter, suppressing plumbing, between-room, and street noise?
SELECTING THE RIGHT INSULATION CONTRACTOR:
Not all contractors have credentials and training and sometimes it's your job to do your homework. You deserve the best, and asking the right questions will help you determine that you're making the right choice in a contractor - not just in insulation type.
- How many homes have you installed this product in?
- Can you provide any references?
- Do you offer a lifetime warranty for your spray foam insulation systems?
- Are you certified by your manufacturer, and can you show me that certification?
- Are you ABAA Accredited by the Air Barrier Association of America?
- What is your business history?
- Are you Better Business Bureau accredited and what is your rating?
- Do you operate your business as a Drug-Free Workplace with random testing?
- Have you ever declared bankruptcy?
- Can you provide a copy of your Safety Policy and Respiratory Program?
- Can you provide your Certificate of Authority from the Secretary of State?
- Do you have a current state license and can you provide your license number?
- Are you bonded and carrying workers' compensation & liability insurance?
- Will you do the work yourselves, or subcontract it?
- How much experience and training do your installers have?
- Are you members of Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA)?
- Walk me through how you'll take care of my project during installation.
GO GREEN. GET APEX.
YOUR BUILDING ENVELOPE SPECIALISTS
Contact APEX Today!